Insight School of Wisconsin at Wisconsin Virtual Academy
We will not longer be accepting Semester I applications beyond September 20th. Any applications received after that date will be approved for 2nd semester.
Insight School of Wisconsin (ISWI) strives to help each student earn a high school diploma and be equipped for post-secondary success.
- Deliver comprehensive guidance and support for students and families
- Create an individualized learning plan in collaboration with each student and their Learning Coach that establishes a pathway to graduation and post-secondary success
- Engage in frequent communication with the student and the family about learning plan progress
- Students will demonstrate growth in reading and mathematics (STAR)
- Students will complete outlined requirements of Career Cruising:
- Resume, cover letter, and job application skills
- Interest inventory
- Match maker, goal setting, and career research
- Students will fulfill graduation credit requirements including the civics exam
Insight School of Wisconsin (ISWI) enrolls students in grades 9–12 who meet the statutory definition of 'at risk.'* The instructional and wrap-around model is specifically designed to provide additional supports and a unique learning environment for students who have struggled academically. Utilizing a growth mindset that all students have the capacity to learn and grow, ISWI collaborates with school services, the student, and their family in finding a pathway toward graduation and student success. Insight School of Wisconsin was established in the 2017–2018 school year and works in collaboration with Wisconsin Virtual Academy. ISWI offers online college and career readiness courses, credit recovery coursework, an extended school year, and school or work credit. Students enrolled in ISWI will also receive academic support from excellent state-certified teachers, personal support through our caring counseling department, family and student support from our FAST team, and individualized planning and support from our program specialist.
HOW TO ENROLL
Students who are interested in enrolling in Insight School of Wisconsin and believe they are eligible must first apply to Wisconsin Virtual Academy and notify enrollment staff of their interest in ISWI. School counseling staff will assess eligibility for the Insight At Risk Designated program, and students who are eligible will be invited to transfer from WIVA to ISWI. Students who do not meet the eligibility criteria will be enrolled in Wisconsin Virtual Academy's online school program.
*State criteria for being At Risk Designated taken from statutory language which can be accessed from the following website: http://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/118/153